Sunday, November 01, 2009

Back To Mono: It's The Beatles!


The Beatles were as much a part of my upbringing as toast and peanut butter or mum's roast on Sundays. In fact, I had the melody to "Let It Be" and George's solo down on air guitar before I could lickity my split...Phil Spector had it right...



...at least when it came to music...



...pre-Sgt. Pepper, that is...



...bring it all back to mono...


My Beatles in Mono box set just arrived from Amazon and I'm immersed in Beatles everything. The sound is awesome, especially on the early stuff...



The set includes all the albums up to The White Album complete with their original photos and album inserts like the cut out moustache that came with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band:



So may I introduce to you, the act you've known for all these years:

No comments:

Post a Comment