Saturday, June 06, 2009

Purple Reign: Let Me Guide U

"Electric word life...it means forever and that's a mighty long time..."
Dig if you will, Prince in strawberry polka dots and silver cuff links summoning the music of the spheres. And he likes what he hears...It's been 25 years since Purple Rain dropped. The hairs on the back of my neck still stand up every time I hear The Kid's falsetto soaring above the guts of that wounded guitar solo...



...as the '67 Mustang drove off, blasting down Saturna Drive through the early hours of a far away June morning...

"I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend"
...a brilliant anthem to a youth well misspent, burning the candle at both ends.

“I’m not a woman, I’m not a man
I am something that you’ll never understand”
The purple cowboy was a seamless blend of genres and genders, the Hendrix frenzy...


...the Rick James super freak...

...the sexy-class of Lena Horn...

..and the Sly Stone juju...


An androgynous appeal in heels, shoulder pads & a pompadour....electric word life...it means forever and that's a mighty long time, indeed...go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment